Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Tuesday Tidbit: Fall is a great time to try out Reader's Theater!

Every year, I find that after the first few weeks of school I'm looking to try something a little new and different.  By this time, we've read several stories and passages aloud and I have a fairly good grasp on where my kiddos are with oral reading.  However, I'm always, ALWAYS, surprised when I try my first reader's theater script with them.  For some reason, when some students get a script in their hand and are given the chance to step into a "role", they blow me away with their oral expression and fluency!  Plus, it is just SO MUCH FUN to mix it up a little!  Taking a story and presenting it, rather than just reading it, just seems to capture one's attention so much better.  This week, I wanted to share my Reader's Theater of The Legend of Sleepy Hollow with all of you for half off.   Try it!  I promise you will be happy you did!   $4.99   $2.50

Click Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment